Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bad things come in only threes right?


OK so it certainly could have been a better week for us. The down slide started when we got our USPS overnight package refused from the Chinese Consulate in New York for no apparent reason. From what research I was able to do they apparently prefer FedEX (who knew since we sent US mail before with no problem) and they also want you to put "Adoption Documents" in large letters somewhere on the envelope. So we have to start again and send it tomorrow via FedEX. Ack!!!

Next I was informed by my company that starting this week in addition to Texas (16 inpatient rehab sites) I have now been handed the state of Louisiana with an additional 5 facilities to cover. I covered them for a brief time back in 2003 while we were rearranging territories and I swear that there were no managed care folks less than the age of 60 and it was definitely an old boys network.... which makes it difficult to penetrate when you have the wrong parts!

To top it off for the week we found out that the grant that we were supposed to get for Brogan isn't exactly what we thought. It involves, among other things, signing an employment contract to volunteer with the organization that is providing the grant. Not that there is anything wrong with paying it forward but I am not sure with four kids, a full time job, and two non-profit volunteer board obligations already to fulfill that I will have the time and energy to do what is required to fulfill those obligations. Needless to say we are looking into some other alternatives in case it does not work out.

I DID make progress on something this week with Pierce's and Quinn's post adoption paperwork. I finally made it to the Vital records office to order their Texas birth certificates. Silly me thought that they would be ready right then and there but after waiting in line to get on a list to wait in another line I discovered that apparently I have to make another trip back there next week.

No other progress to report on the dossier as we are in a holding pattern until the completed homestudy is sent to us. I am still waiting on the documents from Hawaii and thinking that it might be time to place a call to the Aloha state since its been about a month with no word yet on that certified marriage certificate. They must be moving at the good 'ol Island pace.

Hoping for a better start for next week!

Holly

No comments: